The whole world is catching up to and catching on to the trend of modesty for women, but many still haven’t quite figured out what it means to be a modest man. Well, as we see it, there are many different aspects that contribute to a modest lifestyle and actually, perhaps what you wear should be the cherry on the top. There are many things that form the foundation of your self-confidence, and self-worth to make sure you can rock the seasons trends with debonair panache.
First and foremost, a modest lifestyle is about respect, respect for your God, your family, your friends and of course, you! And, the most pivotal part of that equation is your own health and well-being. When you feel good, you look good. Now, undoubtedly the core elements of physical and mental health are your diet and the amount of exercise that you do. But, scent is actually a highly overlooked trigger for how we perceive ourselves and certainly for how others perceive us, which directly plays into our overall happiness.
So, with that in mind, we have put together a list of the top 10 fragrances for men this season that you can treat yourself to or give as a gift to someone else who may require a little ‘pick-me-up’.
- Hugo Boss – The ScentThe composition begins with a spicy note of ginger. Maninka fruit is mixed with tones of lavender in the heart to create a sensual scent. Intensive leather accord that makes the base symbolizes magnetic masculinity.
- Le Labo Tonka 25After three long years, cult-favorite fragrance brand Le Labo is blessing us with a brand-new scent, and its name is Tonka 25. It’s dark in more of a warm way, “as if the humid summer underwoods, their seeds and resins, were sprinkled with layers of musks and sweetened with drops of vanilla.”
- Givenchy GentlemanA balance between unquestioned strength and confident delicacy, Gentleman Givenchy offers audacious contrasts in a woody-floral fougère. Constructed around a floral note, interpreted in deeply masculine shades, this offbeat Eau de Toilette reveals the freshness of a pear with bite, heated by cardamom on a base of reassuring spiced lavender.
- Tom Daxon Sicilian WoodTom Daxon’s passion for perfumery is inspired by his mother who is a chemist. ‘Sicilian Wood’ comprises “effervescent, hyper-real citrus” top notes of Lemon, Tangerine and Bergamot sourced from Calabria, Italy – considered the best in the world. At its heart are delicate floral notes of Gaiac Wood, Jasmine and Lily of the Valley, with base accords of Amber, Cedarwood and Sandalwood.
- Tom Ford ‘Oud Wood’One of the rarest, most precious, and expensive ingredients in a perfumer’s arsenal, oud wood is often burned in the incense-filled temples of Bhutan. Exotic rose wood and cardamom give way to a smoky blend of rare oud wood, sandalwood and vetiver. Tonka bean and amber add warmth and sensuality.
- Tom Ford Ombre LeatherOmbré Leather is a deeply textural scent that imprints you with a tactile sensuality. Floral leather and cool spices reveal an untethered scent for men and women.—vast, untethered, and driven.
- Chanel Bleu De ChanelBleu De Chanel unites the invigorating zest of Grapefruit and the power of an aromatic accord with the woody whisper of Dry Cedar. New Caledonian Sandalwood lends it a warm and sensual trail. A meeting of strength and elegance. A woody, aromatic fragrance for the man who defies convention; a provocative blend of citrus and woods that liberates the senses. Fresh, clean and profoundly sensual.
- Yves Saint Laurent L’hommeInfused with the force of attraction of a man with style and sensuality, this fresh, woody fragrance is effervescent with bright, sparkling notes of bergamot, ginger, and vetiver. A fragrance of contrasts it is a unique combination of luxury, art, and modernity that exudes a timeless elegance.
- Giorgio Armani Acqua Di GioThis aquatic, hyacinth fragrance opens with a splash of fresh Calabrian bergamot, neroli and green tangerine. Light, aquatic nuances mix with jasmine fragrance, crisp rock rose, rosemary, fruity persimmon and warm Indonesian patchouli to create a men’s fragrance that reflects the freshness and warmth of the Mediterranean sea.
- Dior Sauvage Eau De ToiletteSauvage is a radically fresh composition that is raw and noble all at once. Natural ingredients prevail as radiant top notes burst with the juicy freshness of Reggio di Calabria bergamot. Ambroxan, derived from precious ambergris, unleashes a powerfully woody trail.
“To create Sauvage, I used man as my starting point. A strong and unmistakable masculinity. Like the image of a man who transcends time and fashion.”—François Demachy, Dior Perfumer
So there you have it, the top 10, must-have fragrances for men this season. Let us know which ones you love and we’ll share your discoveries with the #ModestMan community. #ModestRevolution