By: Liam and Jeila
“The most special gift given to me by God. My Family!”
I love meeting new people and having a good conversation about who they are and whats the story behind the personality. On this occasion, we (as Liam and Jeila) met the perfect male influencer – the infamous male figure Saoro Nadal. With eyes the colour of water, a zesty energy for life, a heart-warming smile, and a rocking style no wonder this man is making headlines all across the world. Saoro is now the face of many high end International brands , the likes of Avva, D’S Damat, LCWaikiki and has been the cover model to even more publications. Well, long story short Saoro (Salvador) Nadal, the professional model that shares Spanish roots and has conquered the hearts of many brands, designers, and photographers and his friends of course.
We got the chance to chat to him and this is what he had to say.
- Who is Saoro Nadal? How would you describe yourself?
Saoro Nadal is a simple guy, a friend, a good son and a funny man 🙂
- Why did you choose to pursue modeling as a career?
I didn’t choose it, it was a surprise for me, one day I was playing soccer and the next I was walking on the runway! Crazy!
- Were you discovered? Or convinced by someone to become a model? Or was it your idea?
It was my best friend’s idea. After insisting countless times to send my pictures to agencies in Spain I finally did. I am now really thankful to him as I am having the time of my life and experiencing new things every single day.
- What is the most thrilling part of this career?
For me the most “thrilling” part is when I have to travel to some country or place that I have never been before, meeting new people who show me how vast and diverse the world is and at the same time shoot or record the new projects. Also remembering these places or people that I could never forget.
- Have you ever regret becoming a model? Being a model is fun and has its challenges at times. What would be the difficult part for you in this industry?
Well, let’s admit that every job has its own challenges and rocky times. For me, the most difficult part is, when I can’t get well along with a client, or a photographer, or a stylist. It really does upset me But it’s my job, I always try to be professional no matter what and do my job as better as I can. the other down side is when I have to say good-bye to people that I grew attached to while working in different countries. In each country I have met new people, shared special moments and had the best experiences ever along with them. So when it’s time to part ways, I become very sad.
- Describe the ideal work environment for you
A magical place that is filled with the respect among everyone, commitment to work, an atmosphere where everyone can share their ideas without any problems, friendly people around and of course good food. 🙂
- Do you have any limitations? Would you model any sort of clothes? Were there any clothing items that you didn’t want to wear but you had to?
LOL! After working with Lady Gaga you can literally wear anything!!! (Laughs)
- Which one do you prefer by the way. Runway modeling or photo shooting?
I have to say runway. It still makes me excited when I have to walk, but I wouldn’t reject a shooting offer in a paradise like place.
- Of all your projects, which would be your favourite?
Difficult to say, it’s like choosing your favorite song! Maybe the day I worked for Lady Gaga in New York or the editorial in New York with Caroline Winberg.
- Who is your role model in this industry? Is there any model that you would like to walk along with her or him on the runway? Is there any designer that would make you the happiest one to be chosen for the catwalk?
My favorite male model is Mr. David Gandy and female is Helen Christensen. I would be super happy to work along with them.
As a designer or brand, my favorite is Dolce & Gabbana. I really love D&G.
- Tell us about your gym routine. How often do you exercise and what do you eat to stay fit? Do you have cheat meals that you are having difficulties to stay away from it?
My routine is very simple, I run 3 or 4 days per week, depending on my schedule. I also workout to define muscle and my body. With my diet I’m very relaxed, I don’t really follow a strict plan. as long as I eat healthy and drink a lot of water, it’s fine. My cheat meal is and will be always the chocolate.
- As we know models can work until a certain age. after completing your modeling phase what would you like to do? Are you going to stay in the fashion industry or do you plan to try anything different and new?
It think I will never completely quit the fashion industry. I am starting my own range of caps which is called @Oblack along with some friends of mine in Spain. I will stay in the fashion loop as long as I can as I do love fashion and enjoy designing things as well.
- What is your biggest success in your career and in your life? What are your career goals? What would be your ultimate success in modeling? Do you have a dream project?
I would say that my biggest success in my career and in my life is that I have met really incredibly amazing people along the way and I have extended my connections and of course the experiences I have gained and the moments I have lived around the World. As for my dream project, if I have to choose one, it would be a worldwide campaign of Chanel perfume
Questions about you
- What would your favourite holiday be?
Absolutely in my hometown with people of my people.
- What was the best and special gift you have ever received?
The best and special gift for me has given from the God. My twin sister, my family and my friends.
- How would you describe your style? Your must have clothing items? Who is your favorite designers and which brands do you like?
I always go with the jeans, basic t-shirt and boots! And for designers John Richmond, Diesel, Dsquared to Dolce & Gabbana, Lanvin or Saint Laurent.
- What is your favorite perfume?
Black Orchid from Tom Ford
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Go straight to the kitchen to prepare myself a well deserved breakfast! I’m a hungry early boy. (laughs)
- Tea or coffee? (if coffee, how do you like it? and if tea, which tea do you prefer? )
I am definitely a coffee person. And I like my coffee intense and short.
- What is the one thing that you would let yourself splurge on?
Anything that wears an explosion engine! I’m a big fan of bikes and cars.
- What are your hobbies?
As I mentioned, I like to travel with my bike, of course sports A good conversation with interesting people, a good book to read, hang out with my people and travel… travel as much as I can!
- What type of music do you like? Is there any singer that you would do anything just to meet him/her? Like sneaking into the backstage?
Rock! In my next life I want to be a rock star! LOL! One of my favorite is Gun’s and Roses and I could probably sell my soul just to hang out one night with them if I could! LOL!
- Your favorite movie of all times?
The Schindler’s List
- What do you call the ideal way of having a rest?
At my parent’s house, they have a small house in the middle of the mountains with a bed tree and swimming pool… My best memory from my parents home is to have a well deserved nap, after eating an amazing paella made by my mother. So no more words needed. (Laughs)
- What is your favorite football club?
“Valencia club de futbol” until the rest of my life!
- Your favorite quote?
I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul. ( William Henley, Invictus)
- And lastly, your advice to people who want to become a professional model like youself?
Be yourself! Always!